FALL 2023 BIG COUNTRY BUCKS GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (KXBL)
1. This Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in the State of Oklahoma and live within the News On 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.NewsOn6.com/contests or click here. Employees of News On 6, the Tulsa CW, Big Country 99.5 (KXBL) and their affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest. For purposes of this contest, Griffin Media, News On 6, the Tulsa CW and Big Country 99.5 (KXBL) will collectively be referred to as “Contest Facilitator.”
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household for the entire duration of this promotion. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by News On 6, the Tulsa CW or Big Country 99.5 (KXBL) within thirty (30) days preceding the start date of this contest are not eligible to participate in this giveaway.
3. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by Contest Facilitator, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. “Contest Officials” designated by the management of Contest Facilitator shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any person’s participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete, or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
9. Contest Facilitators reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
10. HOW TO ENTER: Each weekday, starting October 2nd, 2023, through November 3rd, 2023, there will be two (2) daily cues-to-enter. Those times are as follows below. When a participant hears the cue-to-call, he/she/they must call Big Country 99.5 (KXBL), and must be the nineth (9th) caller, to have a chance at naming all the songs in the Country’s Biggest Legends songs montage. If the caller correctly names all three songs and the artist or band the songs are by, he/she/they will receive one (1) Big Country Bucks Prize as follows below. Caller must name all three songs and the artist or band that plays them in order to win. If the caller guesses wrong, the next caller will have a chance to guess the songs.
11. CUE-TO-CALL: Each weekday, starting October 2nd, 2023, through November 3rd, 2023, there will be two (2) daily cue-to-enter will air as follows each weekday:
· The On-Air Cue-to-Call will air on or around 9:10am (CST) each weekday;
· The On-Air Cue-to-Call will air on or around 3:15pm (CST) each weekday;
12. COUNTRY’S BIGGEST LEGENDS SONGS MONTAGE: At each cue-to-call, a montage of Country’s Biggest Legends songs will air. The 9th caller at 918-879-9999 will receive the chance to name the songs in the songs montage. If the caller guesses all three songs correctly and the artist or band who performs the song, the caller will win one (1) Big Country Bucks Prize, as detailed below. If caller guesses wrong, the next caller will have a chance to guess the songs. Contest Facilitator will keep taking calls until there are correct guesses for all three songs in the montage and until there is a winner for that cue-to-call.
13. BIG COUNTRY BUCKS PRIZE(S): Each weekday during the promotional period, one (1) prize winner will be selected per correctly guessed songs montage and per cue-to-call. There will be two (2) winners per weekday during the promotional period. Total number of winners is up to, but no more than, fifty (50) winners during the promotional period. Each winner will receive one (1) Prize as listed below. Prizes are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and have no cash value.
·One (1) $100 VISA Gift Card (Total Value: $100.00)
14. PRIZE PICK UP: Big Country Bucks Prizewinners must pick up their prize at the Big Country 99.5 studio within 30 days of being notified of winning. Winners must have a valid ID in order to pick up their prize. Big Country 99.5 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud. Hours and location of the studio are as follows:
·Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
·303 N. Boston Ave., Tulsa, OK 74103
15. In the event of any of the following, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. Contest Facilitator is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by Contest Facilitator;
d. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner;
e. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
16. PRIZE SUBSTITION: No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed, except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. If the Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Contest Facilitator reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
17. By winning, all winners automatically grant Griffin Media, News On 6, the Tulsa CW and/or Big Country 99.5 (KXBL) unrestricted permission to use name, picture, and/or voice for website, social media, on-air or other promotions.
18. Due to delays in the online streaming of Big Country 99.5 (KXBL) broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to fully participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are strongly encouraged to listen to Big Country 99.5 (KXBL) on-air. Big Country 99.5 (KXBL) is not responsible for online streaming delays.
19. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. In the event winner receives, or has already received, a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Media, Contest Facilitator and/or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2023 calendar year, such prize values will be combined with this prize value. If the total value of all prizes received during 2023 exceeds $600, the winner will receive a Form 1099 from Griffin Media for the 2023 calendar year.
20. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Meta, or Instagram.
19. Complete rules are available at the Big Country 99.5 Studio Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.bigcountry995.com.
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.bigcountry995.com.